Well, it is the day after our 242nd celebration of our American Declaration of Independence from Great Britain.
Yesterday Angela and I spent the day with our dear friends, the Smiths, on their 278 acre ranch in Oklahoma. We grilled steaks, had a wonderful meal, told tall tales, rode around the ranch on ATVs, and, yes, instead of fireworks, we shot our own firearms from the front porch at known metal targets in the distance. Talk about doggone cool, breaking out the firearms in remembrance of those men who took the battlefield to secure our independence. Now, how more American can it get for an Independence Day celebration?
I would be really interested to know what y’all did for our Independence Day. Did y’all read the full Declaration of Independence to your family and riends? If not, share the video of me doing so, as a way to get a pass, LOL.
What’s really telling — and, actually humorous — I found out six ways recommended for leftists to celebrate our Independence Day. It left — no pun intended — me scratching my head, and once again asking the rhetorical question: why would any true Old School Patriot want these chuckleheads in power in our America? That’s not a racist assertion, since I am an American Black fella — then again, there are those who do not consider me a “real black guy.” Kinda like the delusional misguided young lady at Northwestern University who asked me, “Do you identify as black?”
“There is nothing more patriotic than taking steps to speak up for our communities, and the rights and freedoms of all individuals. And while you might have plans to attend or throw a traditional July 4th barbecue or potluck, why not take some time this week to also stand up for your values? There is no better or more urgent time than now to make our voices heard, so check out these seven 4th of July protests and resistance events to celebrate Independence Day with activism this year.”
1. If you’re in the Evanston, Illinois, area this week, pop on over to the July 4th parade and show your support for a woman’s right to access safe and legal abortions. Hosted by North and Northwest Suburban IL NOW, according to the Facebook event page, this Evanston Independence Day tradition is a great way to show up for women’s health, and make your voice heard.
Yep, that statement in our Declaration of Independence about Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness seems to not apply to our most innocent and vulnerable — our unborn American babies. Hmm, how many American babies have been killed in the womb who will never experience an American Independence Day?
2. The Victoria, Texas Reunite Families Independence Day rally, sponsored by the ACLU, is one in a slew of recent nationwide protests against the separation of immigrant children from their families at the Mexican border. According to the ACLU website, this rally is a cry for the humane treatment of children and asylum seekers in the U.S. “Detaining asylum seeking families and children is a human rights abuse. Alternative humane options exist and […] have worked well for decades,” according to the ACLU’s event description.
Hmm, one of the issues presented against King George III to warrant our separation and independence, was “he has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws of Naturalization of Foreigners.” Perhaps these folks should read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with our Independence Day, unless you are leftist member of the #resistance.
3. If you happen to be in Portland, OR on July 4, stop by Food Fight! Grocery on SE Stark from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. for a vegan bake sale supporting the Social Justice Fund — which support grassroots organizations throughout the Pacific Northwest led by those most impacted by the need for policy changes and progressive social change. Giving projects include the Gender Justice Giving Project of Portland, the Black Led Organizing Giving Project in Seattle, and the Environmental Justice Giving Project of Seattle. According to the event page, this current giving cycle aims to raise $130,000 for “traditionally underfunded coalitions and alliances doing amazing regional grassroots work.” So stop by and grab a cupcake, or a dozen, and if you can’t make it to the event on Wednesday, you can make a donation here.
Heck, why not just ask ol’ Uncle George Soros for the money? He has plenty to spread around for far left progressive “social justice” schemes . . Vegan bake sale? No thanks.
4. If you’re lucky enough to be in San Francisco tomorrow, show some love and support for our LGBTQ communities, and show up for the fourth annual Queer As Fourth Radical Resistance Fundraiser at El Rio on Mission Street. Tickets are just $10, and the proceeds benefit MyRem — a local nonprofit “whose mission is to assist in precluding eviction and foreclosure for individuals, families, and small businesses, according to the event page — and who says you can’t dance and resist at the same time? Because “America isn’t worth celebrating until we are all living equitably.”
Oh boy, I kinda thought we all, as Americans, have the unalienable rights, endowed by our Creator, of Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness. We all have an equality of opportunity. So what does “America isn’t worth celebrating until we are all living equitably” mean? That sounds like some leftist socialist collectivist crap . . . not for me. Let me remind those chuckleheads, “A free people are not equal, and an equal people are not free.”
5. For Americans in Paris this Independence Day, stop by Vive La Resistance this Fourth Of July, grab some snacks (or bring your own), and register to vote. According to the official event page, this is a great opportunity for those aboard to get and stay involved, and voter registration will be made available to all U.S. citizens.
I don’t think that this is what the Marquis de Lafayette had in mind.
6. On July 4th from 10 a.m to 10 p.m join Protest Chicago’s effort to end family separations at our border at Chicago’s Navy Pier on E Grand Avenue.
Have these useful idiots ever considered how many Black families in Chicago have been permanently separated due to gang violence, murders, there in Chicago? These are young American children, whose dreams will never be attained. Moms, and dads, forever separated because of a lack of focus, and attention, from the likes of Rahm Emanuel, Barack Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Louis Farrakhan, Hillary Clinton, and the whole list of Chicago Progressive Socialist Hall of Fame members. Seems to me that illegal immigrants rank higher than American Blacks in the City of Chicago.
Well, there you have it. Those are just six recommendations as to how leftists should have spent their 242nd American Independence Day. My question for you to ponder: if they attain control, power, in America, will there be future American Independence Days?
Photo credit: Lorie Shaull
During his 22 year career in the United States Army, Lieutenant Colonel West served in several combat zones and received many honors including a Bronze Star, three Meritorious Service Medals, three Army Commendation Medals, one with Valor device, and a Valorous Unit Award.
In November of 2010, Allen was elected to the United States Congress, representing Florida’s 22nd District.
He is a Fox News Contributor, Director of the Booker T. Washington Initiative at the Texas Public Policy Foundation, Senior Fellow at the Media Research Center, contributing columnist for Townhall.com, and author of Guardian of the Republic: An American Ronin’s Journey to Family, Faith and Freedom. His forthcoming book, Hold Texas, Hold the Nation: Victory or Death, is due fall 2018 from Brown Books Publishing Group.